Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Before the heat

4o minute run done--I don't even know how many miles I go, but I am starting to feel like Forrest Gump. Run, Sheryl Run.  It gets to the point where you feel like you can go forever. Remember, I am new to this running culture and all the amazing little changes I have seen and felt are HUGE to me.  I wish I knew about this years ago, but really all that matters  is that I am here now.  I give kuddos to my Asics sneakers  and the power peach and my Paul Newmans black coffee that gives me that boost in the morning.   Plus, going at 720 am is a super added bonus...quiet (with the exception of everyone driving to work along the Jamaicaway) and cool. It also helps, that no matter where I go run here in Brookline, I am not alone.  There are always tons of other people exercising, young and old, fit and fat, men and women, novices and pros.  It is so encouraging to see so many other people also making strides to stay healthy.  I am going to miss this town when I move....but I am sure Allentown PA has its share of parks to run.  I will hunt one down, no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment